|提及的人：||Gertrude Stein; Alice B Toklas; Gertrude Stein; Alice B Toklas; Gertrude Stein; Alice B Toklas|
Monique T D Truong
|描述：||261 pages ; 24 cm|
In Paris, in 1934, Binh has accompanied his employers, Gertrude Stein and Alivce B. Toklas, to the train station for their departure to America. His own destination is unclear: will he go with "the Steins," stay in France, or return to Vietnam? Binh fled his homeland in disgrace. For five years, he has been the live-in cook at the famous apartment at 27 rue de Fleurus. Before Binh's decision is revealed, his narrative catapults us back to his youth in French-colonized Vietnam, his years as a galley hand at sea, and his days turning out fragrant repasts for the doyennes of the Lost Generation. He is a habitue of the Paris demimonde, an exile and an alien, a man of musings and memories, and, possibly, lies. Love is the prize that has eluded him, from his family to the men he has sought out, often at his peril.--From publisher description.
- Stein, Gertrude, -- 1874-1946 -- Fiction.
- Toklas, Alice B. -- Fiction.
- Stein, Gertrude, -- 1874-1946
- Toklas, Alice B.
- Stein, Gertrude, -- 1874-1946 -- Novela.
- Toklas, Alice B. -- Novela.
- Vietnamese fiction -- France.
- Americans -- France -- Fiction.
- Paris (France) -- Fiction.
- Women authors -- Fiction.
- Household employees -- Fiction.
- Vietnam -- Fiction.
- Gay men -- Fiction.
- Cooking -- Fiction.
- Gay men.
- Household employees.
- Vietnamese fiction.
- Women authors.
- France -- Paris.
- Vietnamitas -- Francia -- Novela.
- Estadounidenses -- Francia -- Novela.