Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Daniel Franklin Boone; Helen Huffman Boone; Martha Lightner Boone; Daniel Lightner Boone; Martha Penelope Boone; Theodore Alexander Lightner; Boone family.; Lightner family.; Harry S Truman; Carlos P Romulo|
|Document Type:||Book, Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Boone Family.; Daniel Franklin Boone; Helen Huffman Boone
|Description:||2.5 linear ft. (2 cartons)|
|Other Titles:||Daniel Franklin Boone papers, 1920-2004.|
General series include items ca. 1920 to 2004; pre-1938 items document family of Daniel F. Boone's first wife, Martha Lightner Boone. Topics of note include correspondence about Martha's brother Theodore Alexander Lightner (1893-1982) and mental depression; siblings Clarence McGraw Lightner (b. 1903) and Alice Lightner Hopf (1904-1988) and their involvement in the Communist party; and estates of parents Clarence and Frances Lightner.
Extensive materials from 1938 through the end of the 1940s deal with divorce, child custody, and related proceedings of Daniel and Martha Boone, custody battle, and published court proceedings. Items from the 1950s and later deal with Daniel Boone and his career and include autographed photos of Harry Truman and Philippines President Carlos Romulo.
Includes extensive records of Boone's military service; papers from 1981-1982 provide a detailed record of the deaths of Boone's children, Daniel, in 1981, and Penny (Martha Penelope Boone) who committed suicide in 1982; includes police reports, suicide notes, etc.; also includes newspaper clippings and obituaries of family members.
Visual materials include photographs of son Daniel Lightner Boone from youth to young adulthood and wedding photographs of first wife Martha Lightner Boone; and an extensive collection of stamps, with examples from both the U.S. and foreign countries.
The vacation / travel series documents the years 1961 to 1973 and deals with travels of Daniel F. Boone and his second wife, Helen Huffman Boone. For each trip, there are photographs and an accompanying travel diary written by Helen H. Boone; places represented include countries in Europe, Asia, Africa, and South America.
- Boone, Daniel Franklin, -- 1904-1989.
- Boone, Helen Huffman.
- Boone, Martha Lightner.
- Boone, Daniel Lightner, -- 1935-1981.
- Boone, Martha Penelope, -- 1938-1982
- Lightner, Theodore Alexander, -- 1893-1982.
- Boone family.
- Lightner family.
- Truman, Harry S., -- 1884-1972 -- Pictorial works.
- Romulo, Carlos P. -- (Carlos Peña), -- 1899-1985 -- Pictorial works.
- Communist Party of the United States of America.
- Custody of children -- United States -- Case studies.
- Adultery -- United States -- Law and legislation.
- Divorce -- United States -- Personal narratives.
- Stamp collecting.
- South Carolina -- Biography.
- Europe -- Description and travel.
- Asia -- Description and travel.
- Africa -- Description and travel.
- South America -- Description and travel.