|提及的人：||Thomas A Edison; William Kennedy Laurie Dickson; Auguste Lumiere; Louis Lumiere; Edwin S Porter; Albert E Smith; James Stuart Blackton; Joe Rosenthal; Charles Rosher; D W Griffith|
|所有的作者/貢獻者：||Canadian Broadcasting Corporation.; BBC News and Current Affairs.|
|注意：||Dawn of the eye resource guide catalogued separately.|
|餘額：||Director, Mark Starowicz; producers, Gene Allen, Julia Bennett; writers, Gene Allen, Mark Starowicz; narrator, Kenneth Welsh; conceived and produced by Mark Starowicz.|
|表演者：||Commentary: Edward Doublier, Charles Musser, Peter Morris, Raymond Fielding, Nicholas Hiley, Kevin Brownlow.|
|描述：||1 videocassette (51 min.) : sd., col. & b&w ; 1/2 in. (VHS)|
|叢書名：||Dawn of the eye, part 1.|
|責任：||a co-production of the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation and BBC News and Current Affairs.|
A history of the news camera from 1894 to 1919. Follows the development of the newsreel from the invention of motion pictures by the Lumiere brothers and its beginnings in vaudeville, to its becoming an important means of bringing the world's news to the public, with the coverage of important events such as the coronation of Czar Nicholas II, the Spanish-American war, the Boer War, and the First World War. Shows the development of such trends as government censorship, news as propaganda, and the importance of business interests. Illustrates how many of the most popular and effective newsreels of the time were in fact fictional creations.
- Edison, Thomas A. -- (Thomas Alva), -- 1847-1931.
- Dickson, William Kennedy Laurie -- 1860-1935.
- Lumiere, Auguste, -- 1862-1954.
- Lumiere, Louis, -- 1864-1948.
- Porter, Edwin S.
- Smith, Albert E.
- Blackton, James Stuart, -- 1875-1941.
- Rosenthal, Joe, -- 1911-
- Rosher, Charles, -- 1885-1974.
- Griffith, D. W. -- (David Wark), -- 1875-1948.
- Mutual Film Corporation -- History.
- Motion picture journalism -- History.
- Documentary films -- History.
- Motion pictures -- History.
- Newsreels -- History.
- World War, 1914-1918.