|提及的人：||François Boucher; Jean Baptiste Siméon Chardin; François Boucher; Jean Baptiste Siméon Chardin|
Anne Dulau; Christoph Martin Vogtherr; Ann Eatwell; Hunterian Art Gallery (University of Glasgow); Wallace Collection (London, England)
|注意：||Published to accompany the exhibition at the Wallace Collection, London, 12 June-7 Sept. 2008 ; and the Hunterian Art Gallery, University of Glasgow, 24 Sept.-13 Dec. 2008.|
|描述：||144 p. : ill. (chiefly col.) ; 28 cm.|
|内容：||In focus: Lady taking tea and Woman on a daybed / Anne Dulau --
New beginnings in French genre painting: de Troy, Chardin, Boucher / Christoph Martin Vogtherr --
Tea à la mode: the fashion for tea and the tea equipage in London and Paris / Ann Eatwell --
Boucher and Chardin in England 1730-1780 / Anne Delau --
Chronology of paintings by Boucher and Chardin imported to London, 1730-1780.
|其他题名：||Boucher and Chardin :|
|责任：||edited by Anne Dulau ; with contributions by Christoph Martin Vogtherr, Ann Eatwell.|
"This book accompanies an exhibition examining the relationships between two works. When seen within the context of contemporary depictions of modish women and fashionable interiors, Boucher and Chardin's paintings acquire a new resonance, showing the rise of a new manner in French genre painting. This provides an opportunity to address undercurrent themes of social history such as the artists' attitudes to fashion, interior decoration and the consumption of tea - a pastime influenced by new trade links with China."--BOOK JACKET.
- Genre painting, French -- 18th century -- Exhibitions.
- Manners and customs in art -- Exhibitions.
- Boucher, François, -- 1703-1770 -- Exhibitions.
- Chardin, Jean Baptiste Siméon, -- 1699-1779 -- Exhibitions.
- Boucher, François
- Chardin, Jean Baptiste Siméon
- Boucher, François, 1703-1770 -- Exhibitions
- Chardin, Jean Baptiste Siméon, 1699-1779 -- Exhibitions
- Genre painters -- France -- Exhibitions
- Genre painting, French -- 18th century -- Exhibitions
- Glasgow <2008>
- London <2008>
- Manners and customs in art -- Exhibitions