Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Material Type:||Fiction, Secondary (senior high) school, Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Book, Internet Resource|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|ISBN:||0385751079 9780385751070 0385751060 9780385751063 0385751532 9780385751537 9780385751896 0385751893 0385610556 9780385610551|
|Awards:||Man Booker Prize, 2006, considered|
|Description:||215 p. ; 21 cm.|
|Other Titles:||Boy in the striped pyjamas|
|Responsibility:||by John Boyne.|
"Berlin 1942. When Bruno returns home from school one day, he discovers that his belongings are being packed in crates. His father has received a promotion and the family must move from their home to a new house far far away, where there is no one to play with and nothing to do. A tall fence running alongside stretches as far as the eye can see and cuts him off from the strange people he can see in the distance. But Bruno longs to be an explorer and decides that there must be more to this desolate new place than meets the eye. While exploring his new environment, he meets another boy whose life and circumstances are very different to his own, and their meeting results in a friendship that has devastating consequences." -- Publisher's description.
- Auschwitz (Concentration camp) -- Juvenile fiction.
- Auschwitz (Concentration camp) -- Fiction.
- Concentration camps -- Poland -- Fiction.
- Friendship -- Fiction.
- Nazis -- Fiction.
- Holocaust, Jewish (1939-1945) -- Fiction.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Jews -- Fiction.
- Auschwitz -- Konzentrationslager.
- Deutscher Junge.
- Auschwitz (Concentration camp)
User lists with this item (22)
- Connections project(4 items)
by kaw9995 updated 2014-09-14
- UNO-YA Historical Fiction(68 items)
by UNO-YA updated 2014-09-09
- Requests for ILL(86 items)
by af1696as updated 2014-09-02
- Reading List Fall Semester 2014(9 items)
by deannajordanOKC updated 2014-08-13
- Stories of WWII(27 items)
by eshotick updated 2014-07-15