Getting this item's online copy...
Find a copy in the library
Getting this item's location and availability...
Find it in libraries globally
|Genre/Form:||Comic books, strips, etc
Criticism, interpretation, etc
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Antonia Levi; Mark McHarry; Dru Pagliassotti
|Description:||viii, 272 pages : illustrations ; 26 cm|
|Contents:||1. Gift Versus Capitalist Economies: Exchanging Anime and Manga in the U.S. / Hope Donovan --
2. From BRAVO to Animexx.de to Export: Capitalizing on German Boys' Love Fandom, Culturally, Socially and Economically / Paul M. Malone --
3. Boys' Love Thrives in Conservative Indonesia / Yamila Abraham --
4. Better Than Romance? Japanese BL Manga and the Subgenre of Male/Male Romantic Fiction / Dru Pagliassotti --
5. Yaoi and Slash Fiction: Women Writing, Reading, and Getting Off? / Mark John Isola --
6. 101 Uses for Boys: Communing with the Reader in Yaoi and Slash / Marni Stanley --
7. "She Should Just Die in a Ditch": Fan Reactions to Female Characters in Boys' Love Manga / M.M. Blair --
8. Rewriting Gender and Sexuality in English-Language Yaoi Fanfiction / Tan Bee Kee --
9. Uttering the Absurd, Revaluing the Abject: Femininity and the Disavowal of Homosexuality in Transnational Boys' Love Manga / Neal K. Akatsuka --
10. Boys in Love in Boys' Love: Discourses West/East and the Abject in Subject Formation / Mark McHarry --
11. Queering the Quotidian: Yaoi, Narrative Pleasures and Reader Response / Mark Vicars and Kim Senior --
12. Gay or Gei? Reading "Realness" in Japanese Yaoi Manga / Alexis Hall --
13. Raping Apollo: Sexual Difference and the Yaoi Phenomenon / Alan Williams --
14. Hidden in Straight Sight: Trans*gressing Gender and Sexuality via BL / Uli Meyer.
|Responsibility:||edited by Antonia Levi, Mark McHarry and Dru Pagliassotti.|
This collection of 14 essays addresses boys' love, a male-male homoerotic genre written primarily by women for women, and how it has been received and modified by fans outside Japan as a commodity, controversy, and culture.
Retrieving notes about this item