Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Material Type:||Elementary and junior high school, Fiction|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|ISBN:||9780061857607 0061857602 9780061857614 0061857610 9780061857621 0061857629|
|Awards:||Notable Social Studies Trade Books for Young People, 2011
A Junior Library Guild selection
|Target Audience:||Ages 9-12.|
|Description:||316 p. ; 22 cm.|
Boys Without Names is not a heartbreaking story, even if there are moments that break the heart. Instead, it is a story about growing up, about learning and relearning the meaning of family. This is
WorldCat User Reviews (1)
Well written story
Gopal's family flees the country side because they've lost the farm and gone in debt. Gopal ends up in a child slavery situation making beaded frames for a cruel employer who beats the boys. Similar in tone to Iqbal and also well written.
- 1 of 1 people found this review helpful. Did it help you?
- Mumbai (India) -- Fiction.
- India -- Fiction.
- Sweatshops -- Fiction.
- Missing persons -- Fiction.
- Sweatshops -- Juvenile fiction.
- Missing persons -- Juvenile fiction.
- Mumbai (India) -- Juvenile fiction.
- India -- Juvenile fiction.
- Missing persons.
- India -- Mumbai.
User lists with this item (5)
- Slicks Annotated(24 items)
by ebwright updated 2013-04-15
- CCBC 50 Multicultural Children's Books(36 items)
by EWU-Center updated 2012-11-19
- YA novels to read for after I finish my eportfolio!(167 items)
by jenro updated 2010-07-28
- February 2010: Top 20 Most Popular Items on WorldCat.org(20 items)
by bobschulz updated 2010-03-09
- Most popular additions for February 2010(500 items)
by jamesfitch updated 2010-03-01