도서관에서 사본 찾기
해당항목을 보유하고 있는 도서관을 찾는 중
|추가적인 물리적 형식:||Online version:
New York : Knopf : Distributed by Random House, 1996
|명시된 사람:||Bram Stoker; Dracula, Count (Fictitious character); Bram Stoker; Bram Stoker; Bram Stoker; Bram Stoker|
|모든 저자 / 참여자:||
|메모:||"A Borzoi book."|
|설명:||xv, 381 pages : illustrations, portraits ; 25 cm|
|내용:||Dublin Dreams (1847-1878). The dreamer ; Trinity man ; Drama critic ; Henry Irving. --
London Limelight (1878-1884). The Lyceum ; First nights ; The Beefsteak room ; America. --
Literary Overtures (1884-1895). Mephistopheles ;The bloody play ; The occult ; Cruden Bay. --
Dracula's Secrets (1895-1912). Shaw's dilemma ; Dracula debuts ; Farewells ; The last wave.
|더 많은 정보:|
We follow Stoker from his sickly childhood - entertained by his mother's twice-told tales of Irish hobgoblins and banshees - to his years as a Dublin undergraduate student and newspaperman, when he first wrote to his idol Walt Whitman, spilling out his innermost thoughts and beginning a lifelong correspondence that culminated in their meeting when Stoker traveled to America on tour with Irving and Ellen Terry. We see Stoker's childhood friendship with Oscar Wilde, and watch as the two young men compete for the hand of the beautiful Florence Balcombe, who became Stoker's wife. And we see Stoker in the literary and theatrical circles of Victorian London among such figures as Mark Twain, Arthur Conan Doyle, James Whistler, Lord Tennyson, and George Bernard Shaw.
- Stoker, Bram, -- 1847-1912.
- Novelists, English -- 19th century -- Biography.
- Theatrical managers -- Great Britain -- Biography.
- Theaters -- England -- London -- History -- 19th century.
- Theater -- England -- London -- History -- 19th century.
- Dracula, -- Count (Fictitious character)
- Horror tales -- Authorship.
- Vampires in literature.
- Stoker, Bram, -- 1847-1912
- Dracula, Count (Fictitious character)
- Novelists, English.
- Theatrical managers.
- England -- London.
- Great Britain.
- Stoker, Bram.
- Stoker, Bram. -- "Dracula"
- Novelists, English -- 19th century -- Biography
- Theatrical managers -- Great Britain -- Biography
- Theaters -- England -- London -- History -- 19th century
- Theater -- England -- London -- History -- 19th century
- Horror tales -- Authorship
- Vampires in literature
- Stoker, Bram, 1847-1912 -- Biography