Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Genre/Form:||Trials, litigation, etc|
|Named Person:||Rudolph W Giuliani|
|Material Type:||Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Book, Internet Resource|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
James B Jacobs; Kerry T Cooperman
|ISBN:||9780814743089 0814743080 9780814743669 0814743668 9780814743676 0814743676|
|Description:||xxv, 310 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.|
|Contents:||Introducing the litigants and the judge --
The civil RICO complaint and settlement --
IBT resistance and Judge Edelstein's resolve : July 1989-September 1992 --
Establishing new disciplinary machinery : July 1989-September 1992 --
An insurgent's triumph : the IBT's 1991 election --
General President Carey and the IRB : 1992-1997 --
The 1996 election scandal --
The 1998 Rerun Election and emerging dominance of James P. Hoffa --
The 2001 election, the demise of project RISE and the IRB's third term --
The 2006 election, the IRB's fourth term and the lead up to the 2011 Election --
Lessons, reflections and speculations.
|Responsibility:||James B. Jacobs, Kerry T. Cooperman.|
"While there are many books about the Teamsters, this is the definitive legal and political account of this piece of their history and makes for detail-heavy but worthwhile reading. Highly
- United States. -- Department of Justice -- Trials, litigation, etc.
- International Brotherhood of Teamsters -- Trials, litigation, etc.
- Mafia trials -- United States.
- Racketeering -- United States -- History.
- Labor unions -- Corrupt practices -- United States -- History.
- Organized crime investigation -- United States -- History.
- Giuliani, Rudolph W.
- LAW / General
- LAW / Criminal Law / General