Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
Trials, litigation, etc
|Named Person:||Rudolph W Giuliani; Rudolph W Giuliani|
|Material Type:||Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Book, Internet Resource|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
James B Jacobs; Kerry T Cooperman
|ISBN:||9780814743089 0814743080 9780814743669 0814743668 9780814743676 0814743676|
|Description:||xxv, 310 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm|
|Contents:||Introducing the litigants and the judge --
The civil RICO complaint and settlement --
IBT resistance and Judge Edelstein's resolve : July 1989-September 1992 --
Establishing new disciplinary machinery : July 1989-September 1992 --
An insurgent's triumph : the IBT's 1991 election --
General President Carey and the IRB : 1992-1997 --
The 1996 election scandal --
The 1998 Rerun Election and emerging dominance of James P. Hoffa --
The 2001 election, the demise of project RISE and the IRB's third term --
The 2006 election, the IRB's fourth term and the lead up to the 2011 Election --
Lessons, reflections and speculations.
|Responsibility:||James B. Jacobs, Kerry T. Cooperman.|
"This is a stunning book not only for what it says about the dramatic battle against corruption in the nation's most powerful labor union, but as well for what it says about the role of courts in
- United States. -- Department of Justice -- Trials, litigation, etc.
- International Brotherhood of Teamsters -- Trials, litigation, etc.
- Mafia trials -- United States.
- Racketeering -- United States -- History.
- Labor unions -- Corrupt practices -- United States -- History.
- Organized crime investigation -- United States -- History.
- Giuliani, Rudolph W.
- LAW -- General.
- LAW -- Criminal Law -- General.
- International Brotherhood of Teamsters.
- United States. -- Department of Justice.
- Labor unions -- Corrupt practices.
- Mafia trials.
- Organized crime investigation.
- United States.