도서관에서 사본 찾기
해당항목을 보유하고 있는 도서관을 찾는 중
|추가적인 물리적 형식:||Online version:
Brasch, Walter M., 1945-
Brer Rabbit, Uncle Remus, and the "Cornfield Journalist".
Macon, Ga. : Mercer University Press, 2000
|명시된 사람:||Joel Chandler Harris; Joel Chandler Harris; Joel Chandler Harris|
|모든 저자 / 참여자:||
Walter M Brasch
|설명:||xxxii, 399 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm|
|책임:||by Walter M. Brasch.|
Harris is not widely known today. Like Brer Rabbit getting stuck in the tar baby, by the 1950s Uncle Remus stories were politicized and often stuck with racist labels, partly because of the depiction of Uncle Remus in Disney's 1946 movie Song of the South and partly because of the movie's extensive use of American Black English.
Brasch defends the accuracy of Harris's literary depiction of both American Black English and Reconstruction Georgia. Brasch also examines the nature of fame and places a variety of other social and political issues in the context of this major American writer.
- Harris, Joel Chandler, -- 1848-1908.
- Authors, American -- 19th century -- Biography.
- Journalists -- Georgia -- Biography.
- Remus, Uncle (Fictitious character)
- Brer Rabbit (Legendary character)
- African Americans in literature.
- Folklore in literature.
- Georgia -- In literature.
- Harris, Joel Chandler, -- 1848-1908
- Authors, American.
- Harris, Joel Chandler.