Russo, Richard, 1949-
Bridge of sighs.
New York : Alfred A. Knopf, 2007
|描述：||527 pages ; 25 cm|
Louis Charles ("Lucy") Lynch has spent all his sixty years in upstate Thomaston, New York, married to the same woman, Sarah, for forty of them, their son now a grown man. Like his late, beloved father, Lucy is an optimist, though he's had plenty of reasons not to be--chief among them his mother, still indomitably alive. Yet it was her shrewdness, combined with that Lynch optimism, that had propelled them years ago to the right side of the tracks and created an "empire" of convenience stores about to be passed on to the next generation. Lucy and Sarah are also preparing for a once-in-a-lifetime trip to Italy, where his oldest friend, a renowned painter, has exiled himself far from anything they'd known in childhood. In fact, the exact nature of their friendship is one of the many mysteries Lucy hopes to untangle in the "history" he's writing of his hometown and family.
- City and town life -- Fiction.
- New York (State) -- Fiction.
- Italy -- Fiction.
- Friendship -- Fiction.
- Lifestyles -- Fiction.
- City and town life-Fiction. -- New York (State)-Fiction -- Italy-Fiction -- Friendship-Fiction.
- City and town life.
- New York (State)
- Books I'm Interested In(317 资料)
由 dnhsangel 已更新 大约4天前
- LIBRARY, HARDCOVER FICTION(500 资料)
由 CYNTHIANIELSEN 已更新 2015-10-16
- Cal State Fullerton University Club Book Discussion Group(36 资料)
由 ehousewright 已更新 2011-09-29
- Check Out from Library(86 资料)
由 tbogan 已更新 2010-10-21
- Literary Fiction(103 资料)
由 Tensy 已更新 2009-03-30