Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Additional Physical Format:||Online version:
Brief observations upon Dr. Hampden's inaugural lecture.
[Oxford : Printed for the author(s) by William] Baxter, printer, Oxford., 
|Named Person:||Renn Dickson Hampden; Renn Dickson Hampden|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Renn Dickson Hampden; W Baxter
|Notes:||The title page is brief, resembling a half-title.
Imprint taken from the foot of p. 7.
Anonymous. Issued by one or more of a group of Oxford High-churchmen and tories who opposed Hampden's appointment as Regius Professor of Divinity. A note on the verso of the title-leaf is dated "Oxford, March 21, 1836."
Includes quotations from Hampden's "Inaugural lecture ..." and other works.
|Description:||7,  pages ; 8°|
- Hampden, Renn Dickson, -- 1793-1868. -- Inaugural lecture read before the University of Oxford in the Divinity School on Thursday, March 17th, 1836.
- Hampden, Renn Dickson, -- 1793-1868.
- Church of England. -- Thirty-nine Articles.
- Church of England -- Controversial literature.
- University of Oxford -- Religion.
- Theology, Doctrinal -- England -- Oxford.
- Liberalism (Religion) -- Church of England.
- Dissenters, Religious -- England -- Oxford.
- Oxford movement -- England -- Oxford.