Bayard Rustin; Nancy D Kates; Bennett L Singer; Independent Television Service.; National Black Programming Consortium.; Question Why Films.; California Newsreel (Firm)
|餘額：||Music composed by B. Quincy Griffin ; director of photography, Robert Shepard ; editors, Veronica Silver, Rhonda Collins ; co-producer, Mridu Chandra.|
|表演者：||Voice of Bayard Rustin: Erick Todd Dellums.|
|描述：||1 videocassette (85 min.) : sd., col. with b&w sequences ; 1/2 in.|
|其他題名：||Life of Bayard Rustin|
|責任：||produced in association with the Independent Television Service and the National Black Programming Consortium ; this program was produced by Question Why Films LLC. ; produced and directed by Nancy Kates, Bennett Singer.|
A documentary examining the life of Bayard Rustin, one of the first "freedom riders," an adviser to Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and A. Philip Randolph, and an organizer of the 1963 March on Washington. However, Rustin was forced to play a background role in landmark civil rights events because he was homosexual.
Educational Media Reviews Online (1)
(發佈的EMRO讀者 2004-05-05 )
âI am not ready to die. I want no Negro to die. I want no human being to die or to be brutalized, because I thoroughly believe that this struggle can be won without brutalization.â This opening excerpt delivered by Bayard Rustin (1912-1987) epitomizes and distinguishes Rustin as one of the most...
- Rustin, Bayard, -- 1912-1987.
- African American gay men -- Biography.
- African American gays -- Civil rights.
- African Americans -- Civil rights.
- Gay men -- United States -- Biography.
- African American men -- Biography.
- African American civil rights workers -- Biography.
- Civil rights workers -- United States -- Biography.
- Pacifists -- United States -- Biography.
- Films for the hearing impaired.