|类型/形式：||Video recordings for the hearing impaired
Documentary television programs
Historical television programs
Steve Fayer; Angela Bassett; Bernice Johnson Reagon; Charles Johnson; WGBH (Television station : Boston, Mass.); WGBH Educational Foundation.; PBS Video.
|语言注释：||Closed-captioned for the hearing impaired.|
|注意：||Originally broadcast on PBS on October 21, 1998.
Related to: Africans in America : America's journey through slavery / Charles Johnson, Patrica Smith, WGBH Series Research Team.
|制作人员：||Director of photography, Michael Chin, Buddy Squires; editor, Jean Boucicaut; music score, Bernice Johnson Reagon; associate producer, Patricia Garcia Rios.|
|演员：||Narrator: Angela Bassett.|
|描述：||1 videocassette (ca. 90 min.) : sd., col. with b&w sequences ; 1/2 in.|
|丛书名：||Africans in America, 3.; History's best on PBS.|
|其他题名：||Africans in America : America's journey through slavery.
America's journey through slavery.
|责任：||produced by PBS for WGBH Boston ; produced by Jacques Jones ; writer, Steve Fayer.|
A four part series portraying the struggles of the African people in America, from their arrival in the 1600s to the last days before the Civil War. In this third episode, during the first 50 years of the new nation, freedmen and fugitive slaves in Philadelphia push the country to live up to the promises made in its Constitution. But with the invention of the cotton gin, slavery expands into America's western frontier, and a revolution in Haiti inspires slave rebellions throughout the southern United States.
- Slavery -- United States -- History.
- Slavery -- United States -- History -- 19th century.
- Slavery -- United States -- Extension to the territories.
- Antislavery movements -- United States -- History -- 19th century.
- Slaves -- Emancipation -- United States -- History -- 19th century.
- Abolitionists -- United States -- History -- 19th century.
- African Americans -- History -- To 1863.
- Constitutional law -- United States -- Philosophy.
- Slave insurrections -- United States.
- United States -- Territorial expansion.
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Causes.
- African Americans.
- Antislavery movements.
- Constitutional law -- Philosophy.
- Slave insurrections.
- Slavery -- Extension to the territories.
- Slaves -- Emancipation.
- Territorial expansion.
- War -- Causes.
- United States.