Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Henry Brudges Chandos, Duke of; James Brydges Chandos, Duke of; Brydges family|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Brydges family.; James Brydges Chandos, Duke of; Henry Brudges Chandos, Duke of
|Notes:||Forms part of the Stowe papers.|
|Description:||10,300 pieces. 14 boxes.|
The personal accounts cover mostly the period after 1720's, with some 17th century material for families related to the Brydges (including Keck and Poole, and John Nicolls). The accounts cover clothing, books, newspapers, stationary, schooling, gifts, travel, charities, etc. Also included are business and legal accounts, chiefly bonds, with additional accounts of debts and investments and some bills for legal services.
- Chandos, Henry Brudges, -- Duke of, -- 1708-1771 -- Finance, Personal -- Archives.
- Chandos, James Brydges, -- Duke of, -- 1732-1789 -- Finance, Personal -- Archives.
- Brydges family -- Finance, Personal -- Archives.
- Administration of estates -- Great Britain -- 18th century.
- Manors -- England -- 18th century -- Archives.
- Administration of estates.
- Great Britain.