Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||James Brydges Chandos, Duke of; Henry Brydges Chandos, Duke of; James Brydges Chandos, Duke of|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Brydges family.; James Brydges Chandos, Duke of; Henry Brydges Chandos, Duke of
|Description:||Approx. 210 pieces. 10 boxes.|
Diaries, journals and commonplace books of the Brydges family, including the journal kept by the 1st Duke in 1697-1702, 10 volumes of diaries of the 2nd Duke (1732-1771); diary and commonplace and memorandum book kept by the 3rd Duke in 1751-1788, and journal of a voyage from Spain to Flanders (1743) attributed to George Brygdes.
Household books relating to the Canons, the 1st Duke's famous mansion and the family's London homes, including instructions to servants, and lists of guests.
Papers concerning the lunacy of the 3rd Duke's wife, Duchess Anne Eliza, and the resulting legal complications.
- Chandos, James Brydges, -- Duke of, -- 1674-1744 -- Archives.
- Chandos, Henry Brydges, -- Duke of, -- 1708-1771 -- Archives.
- Chandos, James Brydges, -- Duke of, -- 1732-1789 -- Archives.
- Administration of estates -- Great Britain -- 18th century.
- Isanity -- Great Britain -- 18th century.
- Inheritance and succession -- Great Britain -- 18th century.
- Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 17th century.
- Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 18th century.
- Europe -- Description and travel.