Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||New York (State). Office of Mental Health.; New York (State). Department of Mental Hygiene.|
|Description:||99 cu. ft. (405 volumes)|
Casebooks (boxes 1-22) contain bound records pertaining to the admission and treatment of patients at the Buffalo State Hospital from 1881 to 1898. They range from case file #151 to #6449. Included are the official copies of medical certificates which were the evidence of lunacy that allowed commitment of patients to Buffalo. Admission records include patient and family histories and medical histories, and sumaries of medical and psychiatric examiniations given at admission.
- Buffalo State Hospital.
- Buffalo Psychiatric Center.
- Psychiatric hospital patients -- New York (State)
- Mentally ill -- Commitment and detention.
- Psychiatric hospitals -- New York (State) -- Admission and discharge.
- Mentally ill -- Care.
- Mental health facilities -- New York (State)
- New York (State)
- Erie County (N.Y.)
- Buffalo (N.Y.)