Attebery, Jennifer Eastman, 1951-
Building with logs.
Moscow, Idaho : University of Idaho Press, 1998
Jennifer Eastman Attebery
|描述：||xvi, 147 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm|
|内容：||1. Studying Western Log Construction --
2. Log Buildings in Place: Features, Clusters, and Regions --
3. Log Buildings in Time: Two Periods of Idaho Log Construction --
4. Building with Logs in the Mormon Villages and Farms of Southeast Idaho: The Log Building as Habitation --
5. Building with Logs in the North Idaho Mountains: The Log Building as a Tool --
6. The Log Cabin Myth in a Western Context.
|責任：||Jennifer Eastman Attebery.|
In Building with Logs: Western Log Construction in Context, Jennifer Eastman Attebery addresses aspects of the New Western History by exploring how the log cabin myth is part of the larger myth of the Frontier West. She argues that scholars interested in understanding log construction must look beyond the myth for evidence of the log cabin's particular meanings within the communities that used log buildings in Idaho. We can read those meanings by looking for their implicit expression in such patterns as the choice and quality of construction techniques, the original use of buildings and the reuse of log structures over time.