|類型/形式：||Criticism, interpretation, etc
Records and correspondence
James A Davis
|描述：||x, 290 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm|
|内容：||Introduction: Civil War musicians Charles, Jere, Osman and Herbert George --
September to December 1862: enlistment; military district of Washington; Offutts Crossroads; and Poolesville, Maryland --
January to June 1863: Poolesville, Maryland --
June to December 1863: pursuit of Lee; Bristoe campaign; Mine Run campaign; and Brandy Station --
January to May 1864: winter quarters, Brandy Station; the wilderness; and Spotsylvania --
May to July 1864: North Anna River; Cold Harbor; Petersburg, Virginia; and Monocacy, Maryland --
August to November 1864: Shenandoah Valley campaign --
December 1864 to April 1865: Petersburg, Virginia --
April to June 1865: Sailor's Creek; Appomattox court house; Danville, Virginia; and Burlington, Vermont.
|責任：||Charles George, Herbert George, Jere George and Osman George ; edited by James A. Davis.|
"This volume presents the Civil War writings of Charles, Jeremiah, Osman, and Herbert George, brothers from Vermont who played in the 10th Vermont Infantry regimental band. Their letters and diary describe the life of an enlisted musician, including the duties of field musicians, the forming of a band, rehearsals and repertory, and performances for officers, troops, and civilians"--Provided by publisher.
- United States. -- Army. -- Vermont Infantry Regiment, 10th (1862-1865)
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Music and the war -- Sources.
- Military music -- United States -- History and criticism -- 19th century -- Sources.
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives.
- Vermont -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives.
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Regimental histories.
- Vermont -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Regimental histories.
- Soldiers -- Vermont -- Correspondence.
- Military music.
- Music and war.
- Regimental histories.
- United States.