|提及的人：||Theodore Roosevelt; William H Taft; Theodore Roosevelt; William H Taft|
Doris Kearns Goodwin; Edward Herrmann; Recorded Books, LLC.; Simon & Schuster Audio (Firm)
Title from container.
Release date supplied by publisher.
Recording originally produced by Simon & Schuster Audio, ℗2013.
In container (17 cm.).
"With tracks every 3 minutes for easy book marking"--Container.
|演员：||Narrated by Edward Herrmann.|
|描述：||29 sound discs (36 hr., 45 min.) : digital ; 4 3/4 in.|
|责任：||Doris Kearns Goodwin.|
The story is told through the intense friendship of Theodore Roosevelt and William Howard Taft -- a close relationship that strengthens both men before it ruptures in 1912, when they engage in a brutal fight for the presidential nomination that divides their wives, their children, and their closest friends, while crippling the progressive wing of the Republican Party, causing Democrat Woodrow Wilson to be elected, and changing the country's history. This is also the story of the muckraking press, which arouses the spirit of reform that helps Roosevelt push the government to shed its laissez-faire attitude toward robber barons, corrupt politicians, and corporate exploiters of our natural resources. The muckrakers are portrayed through the greatest group of journalists ever assembled at one magazine -- Ida Tarbell, Ray Stannard Baker, Lincoln Steffens, and William Allen White -- teamed under the mercurial genius of publisher S.S. McClure.
- Roosevelt, Theodore, -- 1858-1919.
- Taft, William H. -- (William Howard), -- 1857-1930.
- United States -- Politics and government -- 1901-1909.
- United States -- Politics and government -- 1909-1913.
- Progressivism (United States politics) -- History -- 20th century.
- Press and politics -- United States -- History -- 20th century.
- Republican Party (U.S. : 1854- ) -- History -- 20th century.
- Republican Party (U.S. : 1854- )
- Political science.
- Press and politics.
- Progressivism (United States politics)
- United States.