|注意：||"A Plume book."|
|描述：||290 p. ; 21 cm.|
"In the summer of 1942, twenty-one-year-old Anne Calloway, newly engaged, sets off to serve in the Army Nurse Corps on the Pacific island of Bora-Bora. More exhilarated by the adventure of a lifetime than she ever was by her predictable fianc,̌ she is drawn to a mysterious soldier named Westry, and their friendship soon blossoms into hues as deep as the hibiscus flowers native to the island. Under the thatched roof of an abandoned beach bungalow, the two share a private world--until they witness a gruesome crime, Westry is suddenly redeployed, and the idyll vanishes into the winds of war. A timeless story of enduring passion, The Bungalow chronicles Anne's determination to discover the truth about the twin losses--of life, and of love--that have haunted her for seventy years"--
- Older women -- Fiction.
- Reminiscing in old age -- Fiction.
- United States. -- Army Nurse Corps -- Fiction.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Fiction.
- Americans -- French Polynesia -- Fiction.
- Bora-Bora (French Polynesia) -- Fiction.
- Life change events -- Fiction.
- Washington (State) -- Fiction.
- Elderly women -- Fiction.