Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Henry Bouquet; James Burd; George Croghan; Caleb Graydon; David Hall; John Hambright; James Hamilton; John Harris; Samuel Hunter; Lynford Lardner; Dennis McCormick; Hugh Mercer; Samuel Miles; John Morgan; Lewis Ourry; Richard Peters; Edward Shippen; Walter Stirling; James Tilghman; William Trent; Daniel Wister|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Notes:||The journal kept during the siege of Fort William Henry, August 2-10, 1757 and sent to Burd was published in I. Minis Hays, "The siege of Fort William Henry," American Philosophical Society "Proceedings" 37(1898):143.|
|Description:||ca. 1250 items.|
There are receipts, 1746-1792, (ca. 450 items) to Burd for rents, washing, paint for the Six Nations, portage, glazing, repairs for wagons and boats, fabrics, horses, corn, beans, hay, beer, soap, etc. There are also receipts for wages, clothing, rum, bounty money, washing, barbering, etc., paid for Burd's company. In additition, there are miscellaneous invoices, receipts, bills of exchange, promissory notes, and memoranda relating to Burd's company and store, 1708-1791, (ca. 400 items) which includes such topics as providing food for the troops at Fort Hunter and Fort Augusta, medical care, cutting the road to the Ohio River, discipline, ordinance, enlistments, muster rolls, and returns.
- Bouquet, Henry, -- 1719-1765.
- Burd, James, -- 1726-1793.
- Croghan, George, -- 1720?-1782.
- Graydon, Caleb.
- Hall, David, -- 1714-1772.
- Hambright, John.
- Hamilton, James, -- approximately 1710-1783.
- Harris, John, -- 1726-1791.
- Hunter, Samuel.
- Lardner, Lynford, -- 1715-1781.
- McCormick, Dennis.
- Mercer, Hugh, -- approximately 1721-1777.
- Miles, Samuel, -- 1739-1805.
- Morgan, John, -- 1735-1789.
- Ourry, Lewis, -- 1717-1779.
- Peters, Richard, -- 1704-1776.
- Shippen, Edward, -- approximately 1703-1781.
- Stirling, Walter.
- Tilghman, James, -- 1717-1793.
- Trent, William, -- 1715-1787.
- Wister, Daniel, -- 1739-1804.
- Library Company (Shippensburg, Pa.)
- United States. -- Army -- Supplies and stores -- French and Indian War, 1755-1763.
- Iroquios Indians.
- Meteorology -- Pennsylvania -- Observations.
- Fort Augusta (Pa.)
- Fort Hunter.
- Fort William Henry (N.Y.) -- Capture, 1757.
- Philadelphia (Pa.) -- Commerce -- 18th century.
- United States -- History -- French and Indian War, 1754-1763.