Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Additional Physical Format:||Print version: Sweet, K.M.
Busy physician's guide to genetics, genomics and personalized medicine.
Berlin : Springer, 2011
|Material Type:||Document, Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Internet Resource, Computer File|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Kevin M Sweet; Ron C Michaelis
|Description:||1 online resource (xxiv, 211 pages) : illustrations|
|Contents:||1. Genetic variability provides the biochemical basis for our individuality, including differences in our susceptibility to many common diseases --
2. Making the most of family history information, single gene disorders and Mendelian patterns of inheritance, and when to refer to a genetic specialist --
3. Types of genetic tests and issues associated with the interpretation of their results --
4. Toward the safer and more effective use of prescription drugs: pharmacogenetics --
5. Taking a personalized medicine approach to breast and colon cancer --
6. Personalized risk assessments and treatments for complex cardiovascular disease --
7. Other multifactorial disorders for which genetic/genomic testing is providing insights --
Epilogue and list of resources.
|Responsibility:||Kevin M. Sweet, Ron C. Michaelis.|
"This is a timely book about personalized genomic medicine. ... is essential for the physician farther out from training who may not be up to date with genetic advances made in the last decade and is
- Medical genetics.
- Human genetics.
- Human genetics -- Variation.
- HEALTH & FITNESS -- Holism.
- HEALTH & FITNESS -- Reference.
- MEDICAL -- Alternative Medicine.
- MEDICAL -- Atlases.
- MEDICAL -- Essays.
- MEDICAL -- Family & General Practice.
- MEDICAL -- Holistic Medicine.
- MEDICAL -- Osteopathy.