Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Additional Physical Format:||Print version: Sweet, K.M.
Busy physician's guide to genetics, genomics and personalized medicine.
Berlin : Springer, 2011
|Material Type:||Document, Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Internet Resource, Computer File|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Kevin M Sweet; Ron C Michaelis
|Description:||1 online resource (xxiv, 211 pages) : illustrations|
|Contents:||1. Genetic variability provides the biochemical basis for our individuality, including differences in our susceptibility to many common diseases --
2. Making the most of family history information, single gene disorders and Mendelian patterns of inheritance, and when to refer to a genetic specialist --
3. Types of genetic tests and issues associated with the interpretation of their results --
4. Toward the safer and more effective use of prescription drugs: pharmacogenetics --
5. Taking a personalized medicine approach to breast and colon cancer --
6. Personalized risk assessments and treatments for complex cardiovascular disease --
7. Other multifactorial disorders for which genetic/genomic testing is providing insights --
Epilogue and list of resources.
|Responsibility:||Kevin M. Sweet, Ron C. Michaelis.|
From the reviews: "This is a timely book about personalized genomic medicine. ... is essential for the physician farther out from training who may not be up to date with genetic advances made in the
- Medical genetics.
- Human genetics.
- Human genetics -- Variation.
- HEALTH & FITNESS -- Holism.
- HEALTH & FITNESS -- Reference.
- MEDICAL -- Alternative Medicine.
- MEDICAL -- Atlases.
- MEDICAL -- Essays.
- MEDICAL -- Family & General Practice.
- MEDICAL -- Holistic Medicine.
- MEDICAL -- Osteopathy.