Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Additional Physical Format:||Online version:
New York : Philomel Books, ©2000
|Material Type:||Fiction, Primary school|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Patricia Polacco; Philomel Books,
|ISBN:||0399231706 9780399231704 0399226710 9780399226717|
|Notes:||Patricia Barber Polacco (born July 11, 1944, Lansing, Michigan) is an American author and illustrator. She struggled in school because she was unable to read until age 14 due to dyslexia; she found relief by expressing herself through art. Polacco endured teasing and hid her disability until a school teacher recognized that she could not read and began to help her. Her book Thank You, Mr. Falker is Polacco's retelling of this encounter and its outcome. She also wrote such books as Mr. Lincoln's Way and The Lemonade Club. Polacco spent her early life living in Oakland, California and Union City, Michigan. She attended Ohio State University and earned an M.F.A. and a Ph.D. in Art History. She did not start writing and illustrating her first children's book until she was 41 years old. Her work has won many awards.|
|Description:||48 unnumbered pages : color illustrations ; 29 cm|
- Jews -- France -- Juvenile fiction.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- France -- Juvenile fiction.
- France -- History -- German occupation, 1940-1945 -- Juvenile fiction.
- Jews -- France -- Fiction.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- France -- Fiction.
- France -- History -- German occupation, 1940-1945 -- Fiction.
- Righteous Gentiles in the Holocaust -- France -- Fiction.
- Jewish girls -- France -- Fiction.
User lists with this item (9)
- World War II(83 items)
by firstname.lastname@example.org updated 2017-03-07
- June 2016(61 items)
by cynthia burton updated 2016-06-28
- Picture Books for Older Readers(68 items)
by dordtlibrary updated 2016-06-23
- Things to Check Out(8 items)
by hilaryheller updated 2015-09-11
- Things I Own(189 items)
by bplaxco updated 2014-12-31