|類型/形式：||Personal narratives, Confederate|
|提及的人：||Stephen Cabarrus; Augustus Cabarrus Kean; Jeanne Charrier Slade; Cabarrus family.; Keane family.; Slade family.|
Cabarrus family.; Slade family.
|注意：||In the Southern Historical Collection, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (#1886-z).
Chiefly microfilm and typed transcriptions; originals returned to private owner in 1951.
Miscellaneous papers of the Cabarrus and Slade families of North Carolina, including a letter, 11 January 1794, from Stephen Cabarrus (1754- 1808), a French immigrant and North Carolina politician, thanking the standing committee of Cabarrus County, N.C., for naming the county for him; family letters, 1826-1843, to Cabarrus's niece, Jeanne Charrier Slade, Edenton, N.C., from her relatives in France; reminiscences of Augustus Cabarrus Kean (1843-1916) of Tennessee and California of his Confederate service with the 13th Tennessee Infantry and imprisonment at Rock Island, Ill. (80 p.); notes on the history of the Kean family and related families and transcriptions of pertinent documents (48 p.); and other family material.
- Cabarrus County (N.C.) -- Name.
- Cabarrus, Stephen, -- 1754-1808.
- Confederate States of America. -- Army -- Military life.
- Confederate States of America. -- Army. -- Tennessee Infantry Regiment, 13th.
- France -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.
- Kean, Augustus Cabarrus, -- 1843-1916.
- Rock Island (Ill.) -- History -- 19th century.
- Slade, Jeanne Charrier, -- fl. 1826-1843.
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives, Confederate.
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Prisoners and prisons.
- Cabarrus family.
- Keane family.
- Slade family.