Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Genre/Form:||State government records
|Named Person:||Michael S Dukakis; Foster 1911-1995 Furcolo; Francis W Sargent; Joseph D Ward|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
William A Waldron; Massachusetts. General Court. House of Representatives. Committee on Rules.
|Notes:||Series constitutes part of the papers of William Augustus Waldron, an attorney practicing in Boston with an additional career in public administration. He held posts with the New York State Assembly and Constitutional Convention (1937-1938), the federal Dept. of Justice (1942), and the National War Labor Board (1942-1945); and in Massachusetts served with the Special Commission on the Structure of the State Government (1950-1954, from 1952 as executive director), as special assistant attorney general (1962), as commissioner of administration (1963-1965), and as special counsel to the General Court's House Rules Committee (1969, 1971, 1973-1974)
See also: Massachusetts. Special Commission on the Structure of the State Government. Commission files, 1950-1954 (bulk 1952-1953) ((M-Ar)2227X); Massachusetts. Executive Office for Administration and Finance. Commissioner's administration subject files, 1956-1980 (bulk 1963-1965) ((M-Ar)2226)
|Description:||5 cubic ft. (4 record center cartons)|
Contents follow by container, and within container by wallet:
(1) Studies for Legislative Research Bureau, 1958 et seq.: I--Inheritance tax, 1958; Employment of the handicapped, 1956. II--Administrative procedures (for adjudicatory proceedings), 1960-1962; miscellany. Commission on the Audit of State Needs--Gov. Foster Furcolo, 1957-1960. Boston Bar Association Administrative Law Committee, 1959-1962. (2) Campaigns: 1960 gubernatorial (Joseph D. Ward); 1960 national; 1962 state and national. Tufts Assembly on Massachusetts Government, 1959-1963. (3) Cabinet reorganization--Gov. Francis Sargent, 1969. Post-cabinet reorganization plans: I 1973-1975--administration and finance; consumer affairs; human services; public works (4) II 1973-1975--background materials; comment and clippings; staff meetings, notes, correspondence. III 1975-1977--Gov. Michael Dukakis.
- Dukakis, Michael S. -- (Michael Stanley), -- 1933-
- Furcolo, Foster, 1911-1995.
- Sargent, Francis W., -- 1915-1998.
- Ward, Joseph D., -- 1914-
- Boston Bar Association. -- Administrative Law Committee.
- Massachusetts. -- Governor (1957-1961 : Furcolo)
- Massachusetts. -- Governor (1969-1975 : Sargent)
- Massachusetts. -- Governor (1975-1979 : Dukakis)
- Administrative agencies -- Massachusetts -- Reorganization.
- Administrative procedure -- Massachusetts.
- Cabinet system -- Massachusetts.
- Consumer protection -- Massachusetts.
- Elections -- Massachusetts.
- Human services -- Massachusetts.
- Inheritance and transfer tax -- Massachusetts.
- Public works -- Massachusetts.
- Rehabilitation -- Massachusetts.
- Massachusetts -- Politics and government -- 1951-