|提及的人：||Cain, (Biblical figure); Cain, (Biblical figure); Cain, (Biblical figure); Cain, (Biblical figure)|
José Saramago; Margaret Jull Costa
|描述：||159 pages ; 21 cm|
|責任：||José Saramago ; translated from the Portuguese by Margaret Jull Costa.|
"In this, his last novel, Saramago daringly reimagines the characters and narratives of the Bible through the story of Cain. Condemned to wander forever after he kills Abel, he is whisked around in time and space. He experiences the almost-sacrifice of Isaac by Abraham, the Tower of Babel, the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah, Joshua at the battle of Jericho, Job's ordeal, and finally Noah's ark and the Flood. And over and over again Cain encounters an unjust, even cruel God. A startling, beautifully written, and powerful book, in all ways a fitting end to Saramago's extraordinary career"--
- Cain -- (Biblical figure) -- Fiction.
- Bible. -- Old Testament -- History of Biblical events -- Fiction.
- Cain -- (Biblical figure)
- Bible. -- Old Testament.
- Bible. -- O.T. -- History of Biblical events -- Fiction.
- FICTION -- Literary.
- FICTION -- Historical.
- History of Biblical events.
- Space and time -- Fiction.