Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Material Type:||Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Book, Internet Resource|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
W A V Clark
|Description:||xv, 224 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.|
|Contents:||pt. I. Introduction and background. 1. Introduction. 2. Theories and explanations for occupational segregation by sex. 3. Review of cross national studies of occupational segregation by sex pt. II. Description of study data and occupational segregation statistics. 4. Comparability of data between countries and within countries over time. 5. Measuring occupational segregation. 6. Sensitivity of segregation statistics to degree of disaggregation in occupational classification. 7. Description of study regions pt. III. Occupational segregation around the world The present situation. 8. Occupational segregation by sex based on data for six non agricultural occupations. 9. Occupational segregation by sex based on detailed occupational data: Inequality indices. 10. Occupational segregation by sex based on detailed occupational data: Extent to which occupations are male dominated or female dominated. 11. Occupations typically held by men and women. 12. Patterns in occupational segregation by sex based on combinations of different inequality statistics pt. IV. Occupational segregation by sex around the world changes in the past two decades. 13. Recent changes in occupational segregation by sex based on inequality indices. 14. Recent changes in the extent to which male and female non agricultural labour forces are in gender dominated occupations. 15. Recent changes in the feminization of 17 important "male" and "female" occupations pt. V. Main findings. 16. Summary and conclusion.|
|Responsibility:||William A.V. Clark.|
"Clark's timely look at California's recent experience with foreign influx clarifies the futures and challenges many communities face in this new demographic era. The local costs and the political
- California -- Ethnic relations.
- Immigrants -- California -- Social conditions.
- Immigrants -- California -- Cultural assimilation.
- Community life -- California.
- California -- Population.
- California -- Emigration and immigration.
- Human geography -- California.
- Immigrants -- Californie -- Conditions sociales.
- Immigrants -- Californie -- Acculturation.
- Communauté -- Californie.
- Géographie humaine -- Californie.
- Californie -- Relations interethniques.
- Californie -- Population.
- Californie -- Émigration et immigration.