|注意：||"A Tom Doherty Associates book."|
|描述：||269 p. ; 22 cm.|
Nameless may not like David Virden, but the case is simple enough: find his ex-wife, and they know where she is. Deliver some papers to her and it is is all done. But she refuses the papers, sends a message to Virden to never contact her again, and slams the door. His colleague, Tamara, tells Nameless that Virden threatens to sue, stops payment on his checks, and claims that the woman they located is not his wife. Then he disappears and his fiancee hires Nameless to find out why. Clearly, someone is trying to make Nameless the monkey in the middle. The investigation that Nameless's partner, Jake Runyon, has to undertake is personal and urgent. His girlfriend Bryn's son, a pawn in a bitter divorce settlement, is being beaten and every indication is that his father is responsible. Is he bitter enough to take out his frustrations on a young boy, to fracture his arm? Then events turn on Jake: a dead woman, a bloodied Bryn, and a scared and silent child force him to look in other, darker, more deadly directions.
- Nameless Detective (Fictitious character) -- Fiction.
- Private investigators -- California -- San Francisco -- Fiction.
- San Francisco (Calif.) -- Fiction.
- Nameless Detective (Fictional character) -- Fiction.
- Detectives -- San Francisco (Calif.) -- Fiction.
- Nameless Detective (Fictitious character)
- Private investigators.
- California -- San Francisco.