Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Ezra Cornell; Frederick Jackson Turner; Charles Homer Haskins; Elias R B Willis; John Jay Chapman; George Gemmill; Laurence Bradford Packard; Napoleon, Emperor of the French; John Hall Stewart; John Jay Chapman; Ezra Cornell; George Gemmill; Charles Homer Haskins; Napoleon, Emperor of the French; Laurence Bradford Packard; Frederick Jackson Turner; Elias R B Willis|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Carl L Becker
|Notes:||Includes correspondence with former students and other historians concerning the study and writing of history, especially Frederick Jackson Turner and Charles Homer Haskins; papers relating to Ezra Cornell and the early history of Cornell University; lectures; reviews; articles; notes on European and American history and for a bibliography of Becker's writings; six letters to Elias R. B. Willis, a Cornell librarian and friend, concerning the Manchester Guardian, the state and its role (1925), contrasts between Cornell University and the University of Chicago (1929), John Jay Chapman, his friend George Gemmill, and a poem satirizing academicians (1924); an undated letter to Laurence Bradford Packard; an autographed book; reprints; and biographical information including letters to and from Becker, photographs, and reminiscences about Becker by friends, relatives, and former students.
Includes collection #14-17-620.
|Reproduction Notes:||available on microfilm. Original in Box 7.|
|Description:||24.7 cubic ft.|
- Cornell, Ezra, -- 1807-1874.
- Turner, Frederick Jackson, -- 1861-1932.
- Haskins, Charles Homer, -- 1870-1937.
- Willis, Elias R. B.
- Chapman, John Jay, -- 1862-1933.
- Gemmill, George.
- Packard, Laurence Bradford.
- Napoleon -- I, -- Emperor of the French, -- 1769-1821.
- Cornell University.
- Cornell University -- History.
- Cornell University -- Faculty.
- Guardian (Manchester, England).
- History -- Study and teaching.
- United States -- History.
- Europe -- History.
- France -- History -- Revolution, 1789-1799.
- Stewart, John Hall.
- Universities and colleges -- Faculty.
- United States.