Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Caroline Durieux; Carl Zigrosser; Diego Rivera; Caroline Durieux; Diego Rivera; Carl Zigrosser|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Description:||2.5 linear ft.|
Correspondence reflects her private and professional relationships with major art institutions and personalities including Carl Zigrosser, Curator of Prints at the Philadelphia Museum of Fine Arts. Later correspondence and printed items relate primarily to Durieux's experiments with electron and cliche verre print-making processes.
Early documents pertain to biographical information and exhibits in Mexico and the United States. Printed items consist of magazine articles, exhibition catalogs, newspaper clippings and manuscript and typescript documents commenting on Durieux's work and chronicling her career. Highlights of the series include two signed manuscript items, one a statement by Durieux and the other a critique by Mexican modernist Diego Rivera.
The graphic series contains approximately 85 photographs of Durieux's lithographs, cliche verres, electron prints and paintings. The series also contains several untitled electron prints, a cliche verre positive, a sketchbook and photographs of Durieux.
- Durieux, Caroline, -- 1896-1989.
- Zigrosser, Carl, -- 1891-1975.
- Rivera, Diego, -- 1886-1957.
- Louisiana State University (Baton Rouge, La.) -- Faculty.
- Art -- Louisiana -- New Orleans.
- Art -- Louisiana.
- Lithography -- United States -- 20th century.
- Louisiana State University (Baton Rouge, La.)
- Universities and colleges -- Faculty.
- Louisiana -- New Orleans.
- United States.