Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Carrie Mae Weems; Carrie Mae Weems|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Kathryn E Delmez; Frist Center for the Visual Arts (Nashville, Tenn.)
|Notes:||Published in conjunction with a travelling exhibition organized by the Frist Center for the Visual Arts, Nashville, TN, Sept. 2012-May 2014.|
|Description:||xiii, 272 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 29 cm|
|Contents:||"Real facts, by real people" : folklore in the early work of Carrie Mae Weems / Kathryn E. Delmez --
Carrie Mae Weems : anyway I want it / Robert Storr --
Photographing between the lines : beauty, politics, and the poetic vision of Carrie Mae Weems / Deborah Willis --
A world of her own : Carrie Mae Weems and performace / Franklin Sirmans --
Plates / commentaries by Kathryn E. Delmez.
|Other Titles:||Three decades of photography and video|
|Responsibility:||edited by Kathryn E. Delmez ; with contributions by Kathryn E. Delmez [and others].|
Honorable Mention, Photography/Art category at the 2013 New York Book Festival sponsored by JM Northern Media LLC--New York Book Festival"JM Northern Media LLC" (06/10/2013)
- Photography, Artistic -- Exhibitions.
- Weems, Carrie Mae, -- 1953- -- Exhibitions.
- Racism in art -- Exhibitions.
- Social problems in art -- Exhibitions.
- African American women -- Pictorial works.
- Weems, Carrie Mae, -- 1953-
User lists with this item (4)
- African American Art(268 items)
by camaradia updated 2013-06-13
- Recent / Forthcoming Publications: African American Art Titles 02/20/13(15 items)
by george2010 updated 2013-09-30
- Archive List(167 items)
by Brendan.Wattenberg updated 2013-01-07
- December 2012 - New Books(91 items)
by ArtLib updated 2012-12-20