Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Horace Walpole; Horace Walpole|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Sold by George Robins, the auctioneer. The sale was advertised to occupy twenty-four days, from April 25th to May 21st. The catalogue was badly compiled, and so much dissatisfaction was expressed at the intention of selling some of the collections en masse, that the contents of the seventh and eighth days' sale, which consisted of prints, drawings and illustrated books, were withdrawn, recatalogued, and disposed of at a sale at Robins's rooms at Covent Garden, which lasted from the 13th to the 23rd of June. The amount realized at the sale at Strawberry Hill was £29,612, and at that in London, £3,837. The library, consisting of books, manuscripts, prints, etc., sold for about £7,740. Cf. Fletcher, English book collectors, p. 214.
|Description:||xxiv, 250 pages frontispiece (portrait) illustrations 28 x 28 cm|
|Other Titles:||Strawberry Hill, Catalogue of the classic contents of.|
- Walpole, Horace, -- 1717-1797 -- Library -- Catalogs.
- Walpole, Horace, -- 1717-1797 -- Art collections -- Catalogs.
- Strawberry Hill (Twickenham, London, England)
- Rare books -- England -- Bibliography -- Catalogs.
- Private libraries -- England -- Catalogs.
- Manuscripts -- England -- Catalogs.
- Engraving -- Private collections.
- Art -- Private collections.
- Art objects -- Private collections.
- Rare Books.
- Engraving and Engravings.