Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Charles Fairfax Murray|
|Material Type:||Document, Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Book, Computer File, Internet Resource|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Charles Fairfax Murray; Hugh Wm Davies; Rarebooks.info.
"One hundred copies printed."
"The term 'German' will be found somewhat comprehensive, including many of the productions of the presses of Holland, Belgium and Switzerland, and a few of Austria-Hungary ... The period in which these books fal is c. 1455 to 1680 ... The majority of the books are of the 15th and 16th centuries ... In assembling this (German) portion of the library more attentin has been given to the decorative part of the book than to merely the typographical side. A representative collection therefore has been made of many of the principal books with woodcuts, commencing with the earliest xylographs."--Pref.
Full descriptions, including exact transcription of title (or first lines) and colophon ; statesment of type, size, binding, and former owner; note of the edition and of other editions; bibliographical references; running description; description of the woodcuts; memoranda on text; biographical notes; and collations. Numerous facsimiles.
Companion work to the Catalogue of a collection of early French books in the library of C. Fairfax Murray issued in 2 vols., 1910.
|Reproduction Notes:||Electronic reproduction : Rarebooks.info. Available via World Wide Web.|
|Description:||2 v. : fronts., ill., plates, ports., facsims. ; 34 cm.|
|Responsibility:||comp. by Hugh Wm. Davies.|
- Incunabula -- Europe, German-speaking -- Bibliography -- Catalogs.
- Murray, Charles Fairfax, -- 1849-1919 -- Library -- Catalogs.
- Incunabula -- England -- Bibliography -- Catalogs.
- Rare books -- England -- Bibliography -- Catalogs.
- Illustrated books -- History -- 15th and 16th centuries -- Bibliography -- Catalogs.
- Europe, German-speaking -- Imprints -- Catalogs.
- Wood-engraving -- Germany -- History.
- Printing -- Germany -- History.
- German imprints -- England -- Catalogs.