Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Additional Physical Format:||Online version:
Murray, Charles Fairfax, 1849-1919.
Catalogue of the ... library of C. Fairfax Murray, esq.
[London, Printed by W. Clowes and sons, ltd., 1917-18]
|Named Person:||Charles Fairfax Murray; Charles Fairfax Murray|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Charles Fairfax Murray
[Pt. 1] Catalogue of a magnificent collection of rare early printed German books, collected chiefly for their illustrations and mostly in fine bindings, including five block books; forming the first portion of the library ... sold by auction ... December 10, 1917, and two following days. 1917.
Index of presses and printers: p. 125-128.
[Pt. 2] Catalogue of the second portion of the library ... comprising early printed books of France, Italy and Spain, and general literature, many in fine bindings, publications of the Kelmscott press, etc. ... sold by auction ... March 18,1918, and three following days. 1918.
100 copies were privately printed of a Catalogue of the French books on fine paper richly illustrated, 1910, in two volumes, and of a Catalogue of the German books, 1913; both compiled by Hugh W. Davies. The collections embrace the periodsfrom 1475-1692, and 1455-1680 respectively.
|Description:||2 volumes in 1. illustrations, plates|
- Murray, Charles Fairfax, -- 1849-1919 -- Library -- Catalogs.
- Incunabula -- England -- Bibliography -- Catalogs.
- Early printed books -- England -- Bibliography -- Catalogs.
- Illustrated books -- History -- 15th and 16th centuries -- Bibliography -- Catalogs.
- Wood-engraving -- Germany -- History.
- Wood-engraving -- France -- History.
- Printing -- Germany -- History.
- Printing -- France -- History.
- Incunabula as Topic.
- Printing -- history.
- Murray, Charles Fairfax, -- 1849-1919.
- Early printed books.
- Illustrated books.