Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||E W Martindell; Rudyard Kipling; Robert Louis Stevenson; Rudyard Kipling; E W Martindell; Robert Louis Stevenson|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
E W Martindell; Norman Croom-Johnson; Sotheby, Wilkinson & Hodge.; Colt Kipling Collection (Library of Congress)
|Notes:||"Including a remarkable and comprehensive collection of the writings of Rudyard Kipling, the property of Capt. E.W. Martindell; interesting books and autograph letters, from the library of the late W.M. Rossetti, Esq. the property of Mrs. Helen Rossetti Angeli; an extensive collection of the works of Robert Louis Stevenson, first editions of Harrison Ainsworth, Wilkie Collins, George Eliot, George Gissing, J.S. Le Fanu, Lord Lytton, George Moore, Charles Read, Anthony Trollope, G.J. Whyte Melville, etc., the property of R.H. Leon, Esq.; books by and about James McNeill Whistler, the property of the late William Heinemann, Esq., sold by order of his executors; books written or illustrated by Walter Crane, original manuscripts, drawings, etc., the property of Lionel F. Crane, Esq.; presentation copies of works by Algernon Charles Swinburne, the property of Herbert W. Mason, Esq., nephew of the late Theodore Watt-Dunton; and P.B. Shelley's autograph manuscript of his prose work: 'A philosophical view of reform,' the property of Mrs. T.W. Rolleston; with first editions of books by Jospeh Conrad; works printed at modern private presses, etc.
|Description:||86 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.|
|Responsibility:||which will be sold by auction by Messrs. Sotheby, Wilkinson & Hodge ... on Monday, 4th of April, 1921 and two following days.|
- Booksellers' catalogs -- England -- London.
- Private libraries -- England -- London -- Catalogs.
- Martindell, E. W. -- (Ernest Walter) -- Library -- Catalogs.
- English literature -- First editions -- Bibliography -- Catalogs.
- Rare books -- England -- Bibliography -- Catalogs.
- Kipling, Rudyard, -- 1865-1936 -- Bibliography -- Catalogs.
- Stevenson, Robert Louis, -- 1850-1894 -- Bibliography -- Catalogs.
- Kipling, Rudyard, -- 1865-1936.
- Martindell, E. W. -- (Ernest Walter)
- Stevenson, Robert Louis, -- 1850-1894.
- Booksellers' catalogs.
- English literature -- First editions.
- Private libraries.
- Rare books.
- England -- London.