|類型/形式：||Criticism, interpretation, etc|
Little, Dave, 1957-
Catching the wind in a net.
Toronto : ECW Press : Distributed by General Distribution Services, 1996
|提及的人：||Robertson Davies; Robertson Davies; Robertson Davies; Robertson Davies; Davies, Robertson <1913-> - Religion.; Robertson Davies|
|描述：||210 pages ; 23 cm|
|内容：||A brief religious biography --
Towards a definition of God: in praise of the quest --
The devils of Robertson Davies --
The ambiguity of good and evil --
"Walking on one leg": on Christianity's neglect of the feminine --
"Preaching selfishness": the search for self as a religious journey --
Towards a new revelation: into the next millennium.
"Catching the Wind in a Net traces the evolution of Davies's religious views and their influence on his novels. From his brief reference to an Ancient of Days wearing service club buttons in Leaven of Malice to Ormuzd, the Light One of the Manichees, in Murther and Walking Spirits, Dave Little's study examines Davies's provocative and sometimes conflicting notions of a supreme being. Catching the Wind in a Net also places Davies's frequent calls for self-exploration and self-discovery within a theological framework and establishes that the journeys of many of Davies's other characters are, finally, religious in nature. Since we live in an age in which, according to Davies, "the biblical culture scarcely exists," Catching the Wind in a Net includes a useful appendix that identifies the biblical quotations and allusions present in his novels."--Jacket.
- Davies, Robertson, -- 1913-1995 -- Religion.
- Religious fiction, Canadian -- History and criticism.
- Good and evil in literature.
- Fiction -- Religious aspects.
- Bible -- In literature.
- Davies, Robertson, -- 1913- -- Religion.
- Religion dans la littérature.
- Davies, Robertson.
- Religion (Motiv)
- Bible -- In literature
- Davies, Robertson -- Religion
- Fiction -- Religious aspects
- Good and evil in literature
- Religious fiction, Canadian -- History and criticism
- Davies, Robertson, -- 1913-1995.
- Religious fiction, Canadian.
- Davies, Robertson <1913-> - Religion.