Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Genre/Form:||Criticism, interpretation, etc|
|Named Person:||Brian Coffey; Denis Devlin; Thomas MacGreevy; Brian Coffey; Denis Devlin; Thomas MacGreevy|
|Material Type:||Document, Thesis/dissertation, Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Internet Resource, Computer File|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
James Matthew Wilson
|Notes:||Thesis directed by Kevin Hart for the Department of English.
This dissertation "suggests that Catholic intellectual and political developments played a significant role in providing modernist figures a model for resistance to modernity. The dissertation focuses on three Irish modernist poets--Brian Coffey, Denis Devlin, and Thomas MacGreevy"--Abstract.
|Reproduction Notes:||Electronic reproduction. Notre Dame, Ind. : University of Notre Dame, The Graduate School, 2006. Mode of access: PDF file via the Internet. System requirements: Browser and PDF reader such as Adobe Acrobat. Access may be restricted or require Notre Dame logon.|
|Description:||v, 487 leaves ; 28 cm|
|Responsibility:||by James Matthew Wilson.|
- Coffey, Brian, -- 1905-
- Devlin, Denis, -- 1908-1959.
- MacGreevy, Thomas, -- 1893-1967.
- English poetry -- Irish authors -- History and criticism.
- English poetry -- Catholic authors -- History and criticism.
- English poetry -- 20th century -- History and criticism.
- Modernism (Literature)
- English poetry.
- English poetry -- Catholic authors.
- English poetry -- Irish authors.