Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Jemaima Tiatia; Gweneth Deverell
|Notes:||"Adapted from an MA thesis presented to the University of Auckland. Church: friend or foe for our Pacific Island youth?"|
|Description:||177 pages : illustrations ; 21 cm|
|Contents:||The role of the Christian Research Association --
Caught between cultures (Culture & the church ; Education ; How can the churches respond?) --
Brief historical background --
The siamese twin : church and Fa'aSamoa --
Two shades of brown (Being a Pacific Islander in education al settings ; Being a NZ born youth within the church ; The link between church and education) --
Authority and power (Parental authority ; The politics of voice ; The Minister's power ; Gender issues) --
One people two minds (Aiga relationships ; Conflicts : Island born, and New Zealand born youth ; The language barrier ; The old versus the new ; The financial strain ; Who is God to me?)
|Responsibility:||Jemaima Tiatia ; [editor, Gwen Deverell].|
- Pacific Islanders -- New Zealand -- Religion.
- Pacific Islanders -- New Zealand -- Social life and customs.
- Pacific Islanders -- Cultural assimilation -- New Zealand.
- Christianity and culture.
- Pacific Islanders - New Zealand - Social Life And Customs.
- Pacific Islanders - New Zealand - Religion.
- Pacific Islanders - Cultural Assimilation - New Zealand.