Goldengorin, Boris I.
Cell Formation in Industrial Engineering : Theory, Algorithms and Experiments.
Dordrecht : Springer, ©2013
Boris Goldengorin; Dmitry Krushinsky; P M Pardalos
|描述：||1 online resource (xiv, 206 pages) : illustrations (some color).|
|内容：||The Problem of Cell Formation: Ideas and Their Applications --
The p-Median Problem --
Application of the PMP to Cell Formation in Group Technology --
The Minimum Multicut Problem and an Exact Model for Cell Formation --
Multiobjective Nature of Cell Formation --
Pattern-Based Heuristic for the Cell Formation Problem in Group Technology --
Two Models and Algorithms for Bi-Criterion Cell Formation --
Summary and Conclusions.
|叢書名：||Springer optimization and its applications, v. 79.|
|責任：||Boris Goldengorin, Dmitry Krushinsky, Panos M. Pardalos.|
This book focuses on a development of optimal, flexible, and efficient models and algorithms for cell formation in group technology. Its main aim is to provide a reliable tool that can be used by managers and engineers to design manufacturing cells based on their own preferences and constraints imposed by a particular manufacturing system. This tool could potentially lower production costs by minimizing other costs in a number of areas, thereby increasing profit in a manufacturing system. In the volume, the cell formation problem is considered in a systematic and formalized way, and several models are proposed, both heuristic and exact.
- Manufacturing cells.
- Computer integrated manufacturing systems.
- Computational Science and Engineering.
- Operations Research, Management Science.
- Mathematical Modeling and Industrial Mathematics.
- TECHNOLOGY & ENGINEERING / Industrial Engineering
- TECHNOLOGY & ENGINEERING / Industrial Technology
- TECHNOLOGY & ENGINEERING / Manufacturing
- TECHNOLOGY & ENGINEERING / Technical & Manufacturing Industries & Trades