|関連の人物：||Humphry Davy, Sir|
Wm Martin; M Ross, of Durham; Thomas Ollive Mabbott
|注記：||Verse in 29 rhymed couplets; first line: The wisdom of this world is foolishness to God.
Followed by: The explosion; verse in four rhymed couplets touching upon a mine accident in Jarrow and "the Davy lamp"; first line: This last exposion at Jarrow a great loss of life we hear.
At head of title: illustration of proposed bridge (59 x 108 mm.), with caption: William Martin's newly invented high level bridge, 1822-45.
The first poem published also under title: The explosion of all infidels and college professors of lies and nonsense.
Signed: William Martin, philosophical conqueror of all nations.
Printed on inside two pages of folded sheet, the second of which is numbered 2.
N-YHS copy: gift of Thomas Ollive Mabbott, May 8, 1942.
|物理形態：|| p. (p.  and  blank) : ill. (wood engraving) ; 23 cm.|
|その他のタイトル：||William Martin's newly invented high level bridge, 1822-45
Wisdom of this world is foolishness to God
- High Level Bridge (Newcastle upon Tyne, England) -- Poetry.
- Bridges -- England -- Newcastle upon Tyne -- Poetry.
- Railroad bridges -- England -- Newcastle upon Tyne -- Poetry.
- Davy, Humphry, -- Sir, -- 1778-1829 -- Poetry.
- Mine accidents -- England -- Jarrow -- Poetry.
- Safety lamps -- Poetry.