|描述：||274 pages ; 25 cm|
"When Rodney Mason, an ex-con drug dealer from Newark's rough South Ward, was shot and paralyzed, he vowed to turn his life around. A former high-school pitching ace with a 93 mph fastball, Mason decided to form a Little League team to help boys avoid the street life that had claimed his youth and mobility. Predictably, the players struggle--they endure poverty, unstable family lives with few positive male role models, failing schools, and dangerous neighborhoods--but through the fists and tears, lopsided losses, and rare victories, this bunch of misfits becomes a team, and in doing so gives the community something to root for"--Amazon.com.
- Little League baseball -- New Jersey -- Newark.
- Drug addicts -- Rehabilitation -- New Jersey -- Newark.
- Drug dealers -- New Jersey -- Newark.
- African Americans -- New Jersey -- Newark.
- Newark (N.J.)
- African Americans.
- Drug addicts -- Rehabilitation.
- Drug dealers.
- Little League baseball.
- New Jersey -- Newark.