Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Charles Cowden Clarke; Mary Cowden Clarke|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Charles Cowden Clarke; Mary Cowden Clarke; James Thomas Fields; H B Peacock; Titterton, Mr.; Samuel Williams
|Other Titles:||Clarke, Charles Cowden : manuscript material|
· Holograph review, "The Complete Concordance to Shakespeare, by Mrs. Cowden Clarke" : ca. 1844-1845 : (S'ANA 0189) : 7 p.
· Six fair-copy holograph poems : no date : (S'ANA 0190) : 6 p., including, "The Four Seasons," "Woman's Smile," "Hymn to God," "Do not think my heart is gay," "Sonnett" [sic.], and "Last of the Fairies."
· To James T. Fields, Boston publisher : 1 autograph letter signed : 13 Oct 1860 : (S'ANA 0259) : regarding his "Recollections of John Keats," to be published in The Atlantic Monthly Magazine.
· To "Editor of the Liverpool Albion" : 1 autograph letter signed : (S'ANA 0260) : requesting his opinions on a book of his soon to be sent.
· To H. B. Peacock, Manchester magazine editor : 139 autograph letters signed : 1841-1850 : (S'ANA 0203-0217) (S'ANA 0552-0553) : containing numerous references to contemporary writers and literature, the theatre, music, politics, his own public lectures on the English poets, etc.
· To a Mr. Titterton, apparently a bookseller : 1 autograph letter signed : 19 Oct 1873 : (S'ANA 0748a) : ordering books and music. Along with this : 4 slips of various sizes : 3 with book titles, dates, and Clarke's signatures : Dugdale[']s Monasticon, May 8, 1812 ; Smiths Optics, 23d Apl 1816 ; Panciroli (Guido) Notitia ...13 Oct 1829 ; and 1 pass to "admit the Miss Latimer's and friends" to the Athenaeum Institution, 20 Oct 1849.
· To a John Warren, Esq. : 1 autograph letter signed : 11 Feb 1856 : (S'ANA 0564) : complying with a request for a syllabus of his lecture "On Shakespeare's Jesters (or 'Clowns')" [no longer enclosed]. Blind embossed head of Shakespeare at top of page.
· To Samuel Williams, engraver : 2 autograph letters signed : 1833-1834 : (S'ANA 0562-0563) : regarding designs for illustrations to his books.