|提及的人：||Henry James; Charles Roberts Anderson; Emily Dickinson; Jay B Hubbell; Millicent Todd Bingham; Thomas Herbert Johnson; Thomas J Wilson|
Charles Roberts Anderson; Jay B. Hubbell Center for American Literary Historiography.
|注意：||Cataloged from card catalog.|
Approximately half the items are concerned with Anderson's efforts to have a plaque erected in honor of Henry James in Poets' Corner at Westminster Abbey. Includes correspondence and clippings dealing with sponsors and participants; the ceremony at Westminster Abbey; administration and finances of the effort. Sponsors included many prominent American and British academics and creative writers. Also includes a reminiscence of Dr. Anderson's association with Dr. Jay B. Hubbell. The other half of the collection consists of correspondence and a few clippings relating to Anderson's publication of EMILY DICKINSON'S POETRY: STAIRWAY OF SURPRISE. Correspondents include Millicent Todd Bingham, Thomas H. Johnson, Thomas J. Wilson and editors of various publishers who rejected Anderson's manuscript as well as the publisher who accepted the book.
- James, Henry, -- 1843-1916 -- Monuments.
- Anderson, Charles Roberts, -- 1902-1999. -- Emily Dickinson's Poetry: Stairway of Surprise.
- Westminster Abbey.
- Dickinson, Emily, -- 1830-1886.
- Hubbell, Jay B. -- (Jay Broadus), -- 1885-1979.
- Bingham, Millicent Todd, -- 1880-1968.
- Johnson, Thomas Herbert.
- Wilson, Thomas J.
- Authors and publishers -- United States -- Correspondence.
- Authors and publishers -- Great Britain.