Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Josephus Daniels; John Christoph Blucher Ehringhaus; Edward Kidder Graham; Frank Porter Graham; Charles Walter Tillett; Gladys Avery Tillett; Tillett family.; Josephus Daniels; John Christoph Blucher Ehringhaus; Edward Kidder Graham; Frank Porter Graham; Charles Walter Tillett; Gladys Avery Tillett|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Charles Walter Tillett
|Notes:||In the Southern Historical Collection, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (#4438).|
|Description:||2,000 items (11.0 linear ft.)|
Correspondence, which dates from 1907 to 1952, largely concerns legal matters; fund-raising campaigns for various organizations; Tillett's work for the American Bar Association's section on International and Comparative Law; and his involvement in various activities at the University of North Carolina, including his service on the Board of Trustees.
There are also materials relating to various aspects of his legal career and a few relating to his personal life. Among Tillett's correspondents were Josephus Daniels, John C.B. Ehringhaus, Edward Kidder Graham, Frank Porter Graham, and Tillett's wife Gladys Avery Tillett. Also included are some materials relating to Tillett's parents.
- American Bar Association.
- Charlotte (N.C.) -- Politics and government.
- Daniels, Josephus, -- 1862-1948.
- Democratic Party (N.C.)
- Democratic Party (U.S.)
- Education, Higher -- North Carolina -- 20th century.
- Ehringhaus, John Christoph Blucher, -- 1882-1949.
- Families -- North Carolina -- Social life and customs.
- Graham, Edward Kidder, -- 1876-1918.
- Graham, Frank Porter, -- 1886-1972.
- International agencies.
- International law.
- Lawyers -- North Carolina -- History -- 20th century.
- Mecklenburg County (N.C.) -- Politics and government.
- North Carolina -- Politics and government -- 1865-1950.
- Tillett, Charles Walter, -- 1888-1952.
- Tillett, Gladys Avery, -- 1891-1984.
- United Nations -- History.
- University of North Carolina (1793-1962). -- Board of Trustees.
- Tillett family.
- United Nations.
- Education, Higher.
- Families -- Social life and customs.
- Politics and government.
- North Carolina.
- North Carolina -- Charlotte.
- North Carolina -- Mecklenburg County.