Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Genre/Form:||Young adult fiction
|Material Type:||Fiction, Secondary (senior high) school|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|ISBN:||9780385607735 0385607733 0552551945 9780552551946|
|Notes:||Sequel to: Knife edge.|
|Description:||510 pages ; 20 cm.|
|Contents:||Paperback -Can the future ever erase the past? Rose has a Cross mother and a nought father in a society where the pale-skinned noughts are treated as inferiors and those with dual heritage face a life-long battle against deep-rooted prejudices. Sephy, her mother, has told Rose virtually nothing about her father, but as Rose grows into a young adult, she unexpectedly discovers the truth about her parentage, and becomes determined to find out more, to honour both sides of her heritage. But her father's family has a complicated history --
one tied up with the fight for equality for the nought population. And as Rose takes her first steps away from Sephy and into this world, she finds herself drawn inexorably into more and more danger. Suddenly, it's a game of very high stakes that can only have one winner...
|Other Titles:||Check mate|
- Prejudices -- Juvenile fiction.
- Racism -- Juvenile fiction.
- Interpersonal relations -- Juvenile fiction.
- Racially mixed children -- Juvenile fiction.
- Mothers and daughters -- Juvenile fiction.
- Race discrimination -- Juvenile fiction.
- Identity (Psychology) -- Juvenile fiction.
- Social control -- Juvenile fiction.