Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Material Type:||Document, Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Internet Resource, Computer File|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
M Gitterman; World Scientific (Firm)
|Description:||1 online resource (xi, 136 p.) : ill.|
|Contents:||1. Criticality and chemistry. 1.1. Critical phenomena. 1.2. Chemical reactions. 1.3. Analogy between critical phenomena and the instability of chemical reactions --
2. Effect of criticality on chemical reaction. 2.1. The effect of pressure on the equilibrium constant and rate of reaction. 2.2. Effect of phase transformations on chemistry. 2.3. Critical slowing-down of chemical reactions. 2.4. Hydrodynamic equations of reactive binary mixture : piston effect. 2.5. Critical anomalies of chemical equilibria. 2.6. Experiment --
3. Effect of chemistry on critical phenomena. 3.1. Change of critical parameters due to a chemical reaction. 3.2. Modification of the critical indices. 3.3. Singularity in the degree of dissociation near a critical point. 3.4. Isotope exchange reaction in near-critical systems. 3.5. Singularities of transport coefficients in reactive systems --
4. Phase separation in reactive systems. 4.1. Multiple solutions of the law of mass action. 4.2. Phase equilibrium in reactive binary mixtures quenched into a metastable state. 4.3. Phase equilibrium in reactive mixtures quenched into an unstable state. 4.4. Thermodynamics of a three-component plasma with a dissociative chemical reaction --
5. Comments on the geometry of the phase diagram of a reaction mixture. 5.1. Solubility in supercritical fluids. 5.2. Azeotropic points in reactive many-component systems. 5.3. Melting point of reactive binary mixtures. 5.4. Double critical point --
6. Sound propagation and light scattering in chemically reactive systems. 6.1. Ultrasound attenuation in near-critical reactive mixtures. 6.2. Hydrodynamic analysis of the dispersion relation for sound waves. 6.3. Light scattering from reactive systems. 6.4. Inhomogeneous structure of near-critical reactive systems --
- Critical phenomena (Physics)
- Critical point.
- Chemistry, Physical and theoretical.
- SCIENCE -- Physics -- General.
- SCIENCE -- Mechanics -- General.
- SCIENCE -- Energy.
User lists with this item (1)
- George Irvine Baillie Endowment, McGill University Library(185 items)
by mcgill.library updated 2015-10-14