Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||David J Pelzer; David J Pelzer|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
David J Pelzer
|ISBN:||1558743669 9781558743663 0613171373 9780613171373|
|Notes:||Originally published: Omaha Neb. : Omaha Press Pub. Co., 1993.|
|Target Audience:||Young Adult|
|Description:||xi, 184 p. ; 19 cm.|
|Contents:||The rescue --
Good times --
Bad boy --
The fight for food --
The accident --
While father is away --
The Lord's Prayer --
Perspectives on child abuse.
Table of Contents:
This is a great book. I have read it once and it is also very sad. David Pelzer has a mom that doesnt like him and it is very sad. I am going to tell you a little bit about this book. Ok David's mom is an abusive parent. She throws him on a stove and burns him. She puts him in a bathroom with chemicals in it which can kill him. When this is going on his dad just stands there and doesnt do anything about it. He isnt allowed to eat anything unless his brothers dont finish what they have in front of them. Then he gets to eat the left overs. He has to sleep in the cold garage where there is bugs and spiders. He has to run to school every day. If his mom finds out if he had lunch at school, when he gets home him mother makes him throw it up. His brothers fells sorry for him because he gets abused every day. Every day when he gets home from school he has to have all the chores around the house done before his mother gets home from work or he will get into trouble. He tries to run away but it doesnt work. when ever he gets abused and his principle asks what happens he tells them that he fell down stairs. He is affraid to tell anyone what happens at home because he just doesnt want to tell anyone. It is a really sad book. If you get a chance you should read it because its good but sad. I have the first, second, third, and fourth ones. I really like it alot. hope you have time to read all of them. There is at least twenty of them all together.
WorldCat User Reviews (2)
The Scariest Book In History
A CHILD CALLED IT ...
- 2 of 2 people found this review helpful. Did it help you?
- 1 of 3 people found this review helpful. Did it help you?
- Pelzer, David J.
- Abused children -- California -- Daly City -- Biography.
- Children of alcoholics -- California -- Daly City -- Biography.
- Abusive mothers -- Family relationships -- California -- Daly City.
- Family violence -- California -- Daly City.
- Foster home care -- California.
- Child Abuse -- Personal Narratives.
- Child of Impaired Parents -- Personal Narratives.
- Foster Home Care -- Personal Narratives.
- Abused children.
- Abusive mothers -- Family relationships.
- Children of alcoholics.
- Family violence.
- Foster home care.
- California -- Daly City.
User lists with this item (30)
- CDEC 1359 Children with Special Needs Biographies(82 items)
by tpineda1 updated 2014-03-11
- Kahtia(25 items)
by timnelso updated 2014-06-22
- High School Recommendations(8 items)
by slshober6 updated 2014-02-18
- display books done jan 2014(89 items)
by annemariejung updated 2014-01-30
- Child Abuse(11 items)
by LamsonFitz updated 2013-11-25