|物理形態：||383 pages ; 25 cm|
"In 1938, Ruby, Helen and Grace, three girls from very different backgrounds, find themselves competing at the same audition for showgirl roles at San Francisco's exclusive "Oriental" nightclub, the Forbidden City. Grace, an American-born Chinese girl has fled the Midwest and an abusive father. Helen is from a Chinese family who have deep roots in San Francisco's Chinatown. And, as both her friends know, Ruby is Japanese passing as Chinese. At times their differences are pronounced, but the girls grow to depend on one another in order to fulfill their individual dreams. Then, everything changes in a heartbeat with the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor. Suddenly the government is sending innocent Japanese to internment camps under suspicion, and Ruby is one of them. But which of her friends betrayed her?"--
- Female friendship -- Fiction.
- Chinese American women -- Fiction.
- Japanese American women -- Fiction.
- Betrayal -- Fiction.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- California -- Fiction.
- Chinatown (San Francisco, Calif.) -- Fiction.
- FICTION / Literary.
- FICTION / Historical.
- FICTION / Sagas.
- Amerikanisches Englisch.
- New Books September 2014--VU Library(21 件)
by maawilson 更新： およそ5日前
- Library Reads(30 件)
by carteretlibraries 更新： 約3週間前
- 2014 - New Fiction Titles (January 6- September 8)(383 件)
by nblibrary 更新： 約2週間前
- "P" Lamson's Newest Acquisitions in Language and Literature(371 件)
by LamsonFitz 更新： 約3週間前
- Most popular items for June 2014(500 件)
by drewwilson 更新： 2014-07-01