Taye Diggs; Shane Evans
|目标对象：||Interest age level : Ages 4-8.|
|描述：||1 volume (unpaged) : color illustrations ; 28 cm|
|责任：||by Taye Diggs ; illustrated by Shane W. Evans.|
Overview: The boy is teased for looking different than the other kids. His skin is darker, his hair curlier. He tells his mother he wishes he could be more like everyone else. And she helps him to see how beautiful he really, truly is. For years before they both achieved acclaim in their respective professions, good friends Taye Diggs and Shane W. Evans wanted to collaborate on Chocolate Me!, a book based on experiences of being African American, feeling different and trying to fit in as kids. Now, both men are fathers and see more than ever the need for a picture book that encourages all people, especially kids, to love themselves.
- Individuality -- Juvenile fiction.
- African Americans -- Juvenile fiction.
- Teasing -- Juvenile fiction.
- Mother and child -- Juvenile fiction.
- Picture books for children.
- Individuality -- Fiction.
- Mother and son -- Fiction.
- African Americans -- Fiction.
- African American boys -- Fiction.
- Teasing -- Fiction.
- African Americans.
- Mother and child.
- Mother-son relationship -- Fiction.